Discover The Tips
Change of the environment, rise of temperature or not properly cleaning all corners of the home cause the dust to hoard and give a messy appearance of our home. All the particles that form the dust, not only give an image of dirt, but also end up affecting your health. In this article, we want to explain how to avoid dust at home. Learn these perfect tips and tricks to prevent dust particles from storing in every corner of your home. It is very easy!
Tricks to Cleaning & Preventing Dust
- First, you need to improve the quality of the ventilation in your home. This factor is the main problem to the increase of dust. Because the air is responsible of transporting the particles and leave them in any corner. In order to improve its quality, we recommend avoid opening windows too much. Although many people see it as a good method of ventilation, you should know that the outside air would also bring to your rooms other particles such as pollen or dust itself. The best option to cool and ventilate the rooms will be through air conditioning.
- Another essential trick to improve the quality of air and the ventilation of the home is to change and control the air filters, both the heating and the air conditioner. Filters are often dirty and damaged. Therefore, if they are not in good condition, dust may collect on the appliances, that effect the room. The ideal is to change it, more or less, once a month. In case you use a heat pump, we recommend placing a cheesecloth on the grids of this, so it can filter the air properly.
- Although we mentioned that having the windows open for a long time is not positive, you should not neglect the ventilation of the home. We recommend you do it by schedules. The best time for air is in the morning and at night. Both times are best when there is not too much dust and pollen in environment. It might keep your house fresh and clean.
- Remember that dust can enter from either side. Therefore, we advise you to place a mat in front of the door to catch the dust and thus prevent it from cording underneath.
- Do you like carpets? Well you should know that they are one of the decorative elements that most trap and attract dust and dust mites. We advise you to get rid of them. Otherwise, you must keep them very clean, by routine maintenance. The best thing to avoid the gathering of dust is to opt for wooden floors.
- There are many type of fabrics that attract dust like the carpets. That is why we advise you to decorate your home by avoiding them. Decorate your home with items that can be easily cleaned with water and a cloth to avoid dust buildup.
- Vacuum cleaner? Not that! To finish with the dust the ideal is to clean the floor with water, with the maximum possible frequency. Both the best broom and the vacuum cleaner will do boost the dust, instead of being removed. That may cause blowout to other areas or objects of the home. We recommend using the vacuum cleaner only for carpets or fabrics, such as curtains, armchairs or sofas.
- Clean the furniture (chairs, tables, dressers, desks, shelves …) with a dry cloth. Remember to reach all areas, even those that are not seen or do not give much use, as they are the ones that can store more dust.
- Keep your room clean every day. Think that sleeping in dust can seriously affect your health, as it will not let you breathe properly or may aggravate your allergies. The room should be clean and away from dust on a daily basis. If you have a carpet inside your room, clean it with steam at least once a week.
- Finally, remember to create a routine cleaning and maintenance of your home. Although the current pace of life is very high, you should not neglect these habits. Otherwise you help to store a lot of dust inside the home. You should be more attentive to clean during the summer months, as the house is more open and more dust particles arrive.
Latest posts by The Mop Guide (see all)
- Laminate Vs. Wood Floors. Which Is Right for You by Pros & Cons of Each One? - June 29, 2018
- 10 Easy Ways to Update Old Kitchen on a Budget - May 16, 2018
- Best Easy Ways to Reduce Dust In Your Home - May 14, 2018